top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Martin Gladman

Where are you located?

Melbourne, Woodend and online. 

How much do you charge?

Individual sessions are $180  for a 50 minute session, with a rebate of $79.05 available with an eligible Mental Health Care Plan, meaning an out of pocket expense of $100.95. Couples or partner sessions are $240  for a 50 minute session. Rebates are not available for couples/partner sessions. All prices are in Australian dollars.

Can I see or access you online or via phone?

Yes, appointments are available face-to-face, online or over the phone.

Can I use a Mental Health Care Plan?

Yes, for individual sessions only. Please ask your GP to fax an eligible MHCP before your first appointment and we can process the relevant rebate at point of payment (usually deposited back into one's account within 2-3 business days). A MHCP can not be used for couples or partner sessions.

What counselling modalities do you use?

Martin offers Focussed Psychological Services, which are Medicare approved, evidence based counselling modalities. These include Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Schema Therapy and Motivational Interviewing (MI). Martin's couples or partner work is informed by attachment theories, system theories, psychodynamic theories and emotional focussed therapy. 

Are you registered with any professional accreditation body?

Yes. Martin is registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers and the Society of Australian Sexologists.

Is sex therapy a sex service?

No.  Sex therapy is a professional, counselling service which requires both the client and the practitioner at all times to remain clothed, seated separately, with no physical or sexual behaviour permitted of any kind.  Please note we have a zero-tolerance policy in regards to any inappropriate behaviour.

What communities do you support?

We provide a safe, open and non-judgemental counselling service for heterosexual and LGBTIQAP+ communities, induing those in consensual non-monogamous relationships,  sexually adventurous communities and those who work within the sex industry.  For clients who are new or interested in learning about kink or sexually adventurous practices, we recommend linking in with educators or counsellors who specialise in this space, in which case we would be happy to refer you onto an appropriate practitioner.

What if I have a fantasy or sexual desire that is illegal?

We understand that some people struggle with fantasy's or desires that are illegal and may be wanting to access treatment to work though these. We believe that everyone should have the right to access appropriate services, however Martin does not provide a service for these conditions, and such in these circumstances we would support you to access a forensic psychologist who would be better placed to support you with your needs.

How do I book an appointment?

Please get in touch using the details found below or by submitting an enquiry via our contact form by clicking here.  Our online booking system is only available to our current and active clients.

bottom of page